Sunday, May 21, 2006

Giants Limp Into Playoffs - Wed December 28, 2005

Well, I'm home for my annual Christmas week vacation - all my girls are home which is nice. However, this is about the Giants and they are not exactly providing me with any holiday cheer.
Emmons was placed in IR - in my opinion he will never play in a big blue uniform again. Giants clearly need linebacking help and that better be the focus in this year's draft and off-season free agent acquisition list. They need not one but two outside backers. They also need cornerback and safety help - so the defense is going to need a real overhaul.

Meanwhile, we enter the playoffs on a down note - and with a totally makeshift linebacking crew. The playoffs is a time for defense, and we have none. They are likely to lose in the first round - and definitely the second. So, this will be one of my last Giants posts for the season, since, for the Giants, the season is almost over.

No comments: