Monday, August 13, 2007

Giants v Panthers - First Pre-Season Game

This is going to be short and sweet for one simple reason... there isn't anything to write about. It was the first pre-season game so nothing much can be read into it. Pre-season games are for evaluating individual performances, especially the new players who are unknowns in game situations. Negatives, for the most part, can be ignored because they will likely be corrected. Rather, what I always hope to see are some exciting performances from a rookie or two that gets me so pumped up I can't wait to see him (them) again in the next game. To me that was the biggest disappointment about this game - there simply weren't any spectacular performances.

The one thing I did notice is that the kickoffs were consistently inside the ten yard line and, while I would like to see some cross the goal line, the kicking game was better than I had feared, and that is certainly a positive.

No comments: